Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Brownie Couch Heaven


So, in Oregon, Chelsea took us all around to the sites of Portland. Little did we know that the city excursion would include a little piece of heaven. After seeing store after store of sales and no tax we stopped off at a favorite shop of Chelsea's named Restoration Hardware (should be restoration "soft"ware). From the outside of the store it looked like a Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, or any such store, but as we wound our way through the store, Chelsea had her focus pinned on a large brown leather couch. I believe she told us that this couch could change your life. She was NOT exaggerating! I was a little sceptical at first, it's just a couch and I've sat in plenty comfy couches, but as Kate and I leaned back into the couch the first thing to come to mind was WOW! Its hard to describe the AWESOMENESS of this couch. Its like your muscles are getting a hug all over your body! Everything was just right! I could have sat there all day. I would still be sitting there if I had my way! We sat there at least 20-30min unitl a sales rep had to subtlely tell us to take turns with the other customers. If money grew on trees and I could have anything I wanted, the top of the list, which used to consist of grander expenditures like trips to Europe, etc. has been replaced by this supple understated heavenly couch. Aptly nicknamed the "brownie couch" by Chelsea and family, no doubt for its color and shape, is not disimilar in the comfort that little bit of chocolate heaven provides your mouth, but for your WHOLE body! Now the bar is set and the search is on for a couch as deliciously comfortable yet not so out of reach economically! Thanks again Chels!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that couch!!! I don't think Ryan would be difficult to convince. However, I don't think I could ever really convince myself of its necessity in my life. It is definitely a WANT!!! But, oh how I WANT it!!! HAHAHAHAHA. Fantastic post Jenna!!

Jade said...

Hey - I wish I had your email address because posting a comment is not quite the same but THANKS so much for that cd. That was so thoughtful of you. It's the kind of music that everyone around here loves so I feel very cool for introducing it (even though I had very little to do with it). It was so great to see you guys! Thanks for taking the time and making the trip all the way up here.

Chelsea said...

Shhhh, don't tell! By the time I save up money for this couch it will be gone!