So... its pomegranate season... and I've been a canning fiend! Holy mole those are time consuming to seed! I think my hands must've been stained for days after and my arm was sore (sore!! I think I'm out of shape if seeding pomegranates makes me sore)! I've canned salsa, blueberry jam, pomegranate jelly, kiwi jam, and cranberry jelly. They should make decent Christmas gifts!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
So I realized today that the last time I posted anything was almost a year ago. Recently I took some pictures of some of the things I've been working on. Baking of course! What else! Actually, I've been canning too, which is entirely new to me. The discovery of the farmer's markets here in Sacto has made me want to can and keep all the fresh fruit and veggies I can! This picture is of a pie I made for Thanksgiving. It included apples from the farmer's market and why is it red you say? Homemade cranberry jelly steeped with cloves and cinnamon! It was muy delicioso!
I was inspired by Chelsea's blog about gingerbread construction and tried my hand at it. This is a first attempt...oh yes there will be a second! This was the no template, piping bag from h - e - double hockey sticks, and a spontaneous jumping wall (it apparently did not wish to be part of the house). Over all I think it turned cute enough... we'll see how #2 goes (yeah I know, but the dough recipe was for 5 houses... wish I'd known that before I made it).

I've been a little crafty lately. Holidays and what not. I know, cloves and oranges! And they smell AWESOME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Well, Jenna, it's great to have you back on the blog. Loved the pics and hearing about all the creative things you are doing! Loved the gingerbread house and BTW the jams and jellies have been a big hit and the apple pie didn't make it up to Redding for leftovers - Too good the first time!
I was totally happy to see a new post! :) I'm impressed. All of that takes talent....and patience. Way to go! Look forward to seeing you soon at the firm party!
Jenna,
Wow!!!! You have been busy. Love all of the pics. That is awesome that you are learning how to can. Feel free to use some of the extra dough to make gingerbread houses with the boys I am sure they would love it!!! By the way did you get a new lens???
Great pics!!! Did you get a new lens? ;) Feel free to bring the extra gingerbread house dough to our house. I know a couple of little boys that would love to make a gingerbread house with you. By the way, your gingerbread house looked fabulous!!!
Post a Comment