Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A minute at the park....

So Kate, Tyler, Chase & I spent Monday just "hanging" out much to Kate's chagrin (she'd rather be shopping at any point in time). We headed to A & W and got diet root beers, popcorn chicken, and cheese curds (don't ask) then headed to the park (no slides or swings). It's the same park dad & Kate took the boys to, to feed the ducks. The light was amazing... the boys weren't incredibly cooperative (as far as pics go), but they are so DARN photogenic its hard to suck at photographing them.


I asked Kate if she wanted any pics of her and the boys and since the light was SO good we took advantage (even though Kate wasn't sure her hair was up to par ... looks great to me). If you notice in the bottom left hand corner, you'll see a couple of sodas... I kinda of like them. Looks like it wasn't set up (which it was).

I have a tendency to shoot into the sun... which makes the pictures really hazy, but I like the effect and if you don't well, don't tell me. I love how Tyler and Chase both look in these pics, gazing out to the water. They look so thoughtful... There was a bird out in the water that was just standing there and it mesmerized the boys. They couldn't understand why it would just stand there ( I couldn't either come to think of it... if it didn't move every once in awhile I would have thought it was a statue).


Alright, has anyone seen Tyler? This kid can not be him... he's too grown up! The more I hang out with that kid the more I love him. He's awesome and SO smart! I was talking to him awhile back about a toy he got from McDonald's (Wizard of Oz doll). It had eyelashes so he was sure it was girl "cause only girls have long eyelashes" my counter was "you have really long lashes and so do your dad and Chase...longer than mine or your mommies" he thought about it for a minute and said "then the doll must be a boy because only boys have long lashes..." Sounds logical to me!


That was a really fun day! I love hanging out with Kate and the boys (its always a highlight of my week)... even if we do go shopping once in awhile ;-)

I have to give credit where credit is due... Kate you have MAD editing skills and beautiful boys both of which make these pictures great! Thanks!



6 comments:

Kate said...

Wahooo!!! I LOVE the new post. I luvvv that pic of me and my boys. It is FABULOUS!!!! We love hanging out with you too(even if you don't want to go shopping). :) Thanks for the editing credit. But most of the credit should go to your photography skills. :) LOVE YA!!!!

Sister Christie said...

I love the pics you took Jen and on the way home tonight they had a photographer on the radio and he said to always keep the sun in front of you -- you like to do that and I'm always thinking the sun should be at your back! A good photographer hint -- maybe I'll give it a try some day - love the pic of Tyler, but he looks TOO grown up (where's a book when you need it?)

Anonymous said...

I really need you to take some photos of the girls! I'll ask Gabe to ask you at work about it sometime. I really need a great shot of Aubrey. I have nothing of her...portrait wise.

Chelsea said...

These pictures are beautiful, Jen! Love it.

Kate said...

It has been 4 weeks since your last post!!!! Really!?! Nothing blog worthy as happened in 4 weeks? j/k I really would love an update though. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenna you are a great writer as well as photographer. Your excellent and capturing candids.